Yes, it’s true. There are 18 shopping days left until Christmas. But don’t despair! If you have book lovers in your life, I have some great ideas for you. I have several nieces and nephews who are avid readers, and I searched high and low this year for something creative to get them. I always get them a gift card for Barnes and Noble, but what could I get them that would be interesting and unique?
- Zipper pouches, Bags, and T-shirts made with classic book cover images: Vintage Books
- Clip-on Booklights
- Journals: There are so many kinds, you can choose one that really suits your reader/writer. There are small ones ideal for backpacks or purses, larger format ones with room for sketching or doodling, and even ones for beginners like the one my son chose. There are even ones with writing prompts to get you started!
- Story Cubes: I bought these for my niece who is a budding writer. Each set has different images. To get you started on writing a story, you just roll the cubes and write something about whatever turns up.
- Personal Library Kit, with date stamp included: I wish I had one of these when I was young. I made up my own version for my personal “library.” My brother was never particularly good at returning my books on time.
- In the Library Perfume: Really.
- Tablet covers and Purses that look like book covers
- Car Window Decals: I thought I had seen all versions of the family decals, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover the Reading Family decals!
Best wishes in your shopping endeavors. I’m heading to my local independent bookstore next week to snag some other creative gifts.
What are you buying the readers and writers in your life this year? Share in the comments!