Now that summer is in full swing, me and my kids are very happy to have more time for reading in our schedule. We all have varied reading interests, so our lists cross genres and types. So what are we reading?
Aidan (8 years old):
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Judy Blume
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling
- Shiloh, Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Because of Winn-Dixie, Kate DeCamillo
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room, Lemony Snicket
- James and the Giant Peach, Roald Dahl
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul, Jeff Kinney
- How to Train Your Dragon, Cressida Cowell
- Geronimo Stilton: The Kingdom of Fantasy
Elizabeth (5 years old):
- Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet, Jane O’ Connor
- Blue Hat, Green Hat, Sandra Boynton
- How to Be a Viking, Cressida Cowell
- Red: A Crayon’s Story, Michael Hall
- Little Bear, Else Holmelund Minarik
- Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes, Eric Litwin
- Lots of Early Readers!
Me (did you think I would tell you my age? Ha!)
- The Chaperone, Laura Moriarity
- The Garden of Letters, Alyson Richman
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- Raising Steam, Terry Pratchett
- Some of the books on Aidan’s list
- All of the books on Elizabeth’s list!
I’m sure we’ll be adding and changing books as the summer goes on, plus adding some audio books. What are you reading this summer? Please share in the comments!