Fall is now in full color here in the Northeast US, and the leaves are slowly working their way towards peak colors. So many oranges, brown, red, and yellows! It’s amazing that trees know how to do this beautiful show each fall.
So in the spirit of fall, I’m sharing some of our favorite picture books about autumn. Since Halloween is technically a part of autumn, there are few Halloween selections in here.
Our favorite autumn books that we get out year after year:
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson (check out my previous review here)
- Dinosaurs’ Halloween by Liza Donnelly
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert (as well as Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf)
- We Gather Together, Now Please Get Lost! by Diane deGroat
- Happy Halloween, Curious George!
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson (review here)
- Mouse and Mole, A Perfect Halloween by Wong Herbert Yee (see Joanna’s review here)
- Various Books about Johnny Appleseed
We recently discovered another autumn book to add to our collection that I will review next week, Sophie’s Squash by Pat Zietlow Miller. My daughter also insisted that we included Fancy Nancy: Halloween or Bust by Jane O’Connor.
So grab a few of these books, warm up a mug of apple cider, and settle in under a blanket. Enjoy!
What other autumn favorites do you enjoy? Please share in the comments!