We pause in our outdoor celebrations and 3-day weekend fun to honor those who died serving our country. We thank them for their sacrifice and for keeping us safe.
So how’s it been going? There is much in my life that requires patience – relationships, plans, and the long list of things I want to accomplish. Some days I am more patient than others. And some days I do a better job of working towards my goals.
As I look back on the last 5 months, I have:
- Finished the first draft of my latest middle grade novel
- Began a new day job
- Celebrated my daughter’s 6th birthday with her first slumber party
- Helped my son discover the 4th and 5th Harry Potter books
- Built my son a loft bed
- Cleaned a carburetor
- Read 3 novels and probably over a hundred picture books
- Stood strong through significant personal challenges
The next five months will likely be a combination of challenges and triumphs. I can’t guarantee how it will all turn out, but I can try to remain patient and hopeful. And keep my promise to myself that this will be good year, no matter what.