We pause in our outdoor celebrations and 3-day weekend fun to honor those who died serving our country. We thank them for their sacrifice and for keeping us safe.
Back in January, I set an approach for achieving my 2016 goals. I planned to build on my blessings, and add some patience and hope. I gave myself the room to meet my goals, each in their own time.
So how’s it been going? There is much in my life that requires patience – relationships, plans, and the long list of things I want to accomplish. Some days I am more patient than others. And some days I do a better job of working towards my goals.
As I look back on the last 5 months, I have:
- Finished the first draft of my latest middle grade novel
- Began a new day job
- Celebrated my daughter’s 6th birthday with her first slumber party
- Helped my son discover the 4th and 5th Harry Potter books
- Built my son a loft bed
- Cleaned a carburetor
- Read 3 novels and probably over a hundred picture books
- Stood strong through significant personal challenges
The next five months will likely be a combination of challenges and triumphs. I can’t guarantee how it will all turn out, but I can try to remain patient and hopeful. And keep my promise to myself that this will be good year, no matter what.